Monday, August 18, 2014

That Print Skirt

A friend took a few pictures of me wearing my new print skirt. If you're interested, you could compare the skirt on me to the skirt on a hanger. Because the fabric is so drapey, it doesn't look full at the hem (on me) like it does on the hanger. But it feels comfortable when I sit down, unlike a pencil skirt would (pencil skirt = leg hugger). Please let me know what you think about the length. The next skirt will be for fall.

Oh and I made the green shirt, from a Louise Cutting pattern (Perfect Blouse maybe?). I took it along for the weekend, even though it needed a good steaming or pressing, not having worn it in a couple of years. So it hangs kind of funny. I have my Laura Star (steam press) heating up right now.

Blessings and peace...

9 comments:

  1. I think the skirt looks perfect! As for the length, I like my skirts at that same length, just under the kneecap. The green blouse/jacket is the perfect color for it too. Time to sew another??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, Thanks for your perspective about the skirt length. Most of the others are a couple of inches longer, and they were feeling dowdy. Yes, it's time to sew another! But first, I'm going to (try to) make a t-shirt dress for a 2-year-old girl whose birthday is coming up. Of course I have no suitable fabric LOL.

      Delete
  2. Your outfit is fabulous and you look great! I think the length is perfect. The proportions are just right for you size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynda, for your complement. I try to learn about and apply information about proportion, but I have no confidence about it. I have the same issue with colors SIGH.

      Delete
  3. Your skirt is pretty and looks nice on you...so does the jacket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judi, Thanks for your compliment about my new skirt. It adds to my confidence about the next one.

      Delete
  4. The length is a winner. Cute skirt and great combo with the shirt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rhonda! I wore the skirt the other day and received several compliments!!!

      Delete

In the "Comment as" drop-down box, you can choose Name/URL and then enter your name (first name is enough) and you don't have to include a URL. I have disabled comments from Anonymous because of too much sp@m. Please let me know if you have any questions about this; thanks. You know I want to make it as easy as possible to hear from you!